Managing Director (Commercial)
An excellent opportunity for an aspiring senior manager to take on a commercial leadership role
The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) represents companies who make, supply or fit, glass and glazing products in the UK and internationally. Being the industry authority, the GGF promotes best practice and sets the highest technical and health & safety standards. The Federation is also the voice of the industry in local and national politics helping shape and influence policy and legislation.
Following an internal restructure, we are now seeking to recruit a new post – Managing Director (Commercial). Reporting to the GGF’s Group Chief Executive, and working alongside the Managing Director (Federation and Membership), you will lead all the commercial operations of the GGF which includes a variety of businesses activities trading as ‘The Helix Group’ with a combined turnover of approximately £10m.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Determining, communicating and executing The Helix Group’s strategy
- Developing sustainable, profitable activities that our members, their customers, the wider public and other organisations can benefit from
- Identifying new revenue streams, developing business cases for investment and spotting opportunities to leverage impact through strong affinity partnerships
- Working closely with the Managing Director (Federation), to enable mutually beneficial strategies for development and member services
- Leading a successful team to deliver all trading activities
We are at an important, exciting and challenging point in our development. A new President, new Group Chief Executive and provide us with an excellent opportunity to refocus. The changing political, trading and regulatory landscape means that the need for us to provide a strong voice for the industry in order to influence and shape the agenda has never been greater. The contribution made by The Helix Group is critically important in ensuring we meet this challenge.
To succeed, you will need to have excellent leadership skills and strong commercial experience. You’ll drive forwards the performance of the group businesses, ensuring we have a sustainable, ethical, profitable, relevant portfolio of activities that adds both income and wider value to the GGF.
For further information or to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Executive Search by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0207 747 7548. Application is by CV and Covering Letter. The Closing Date will be midnight on Monday 16th October