Managing Director (Federation)
An excellent opportunity for an aspiring Chief Executive to take on visible leadership role
The Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) represents companies who make, supply or fit, glass and glazing products in the UK and internationally. Being the industry authority, the GGF promotes best practice and sets the highest technical and health & safety standards. The Federation is also the voice of the industry in local and national politics helping shape and influence policy and legislation.
Following an internal restructure, we are now seeking to recruit a new post – Managing Director (Federation and Membership). Reporting to the GGF’s Group Chief Executive, and working alongside the Managing Director (Commercial), you will lead the trade federation aspects of the Group, driving forwards our ambitious agenda to deliver greater benefit and impact for our membership.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Determining, communicating and executing the Federation’s strategy
- Building excellent relationships with stakeholders, including government and policymakers, to represent our members and the industry effectively
- Developing first class services for members and ensuring there are compelling reasons to join and remain in the Federation
- Identifying new revenue streams and opportunities to leverage impact through encouraging strong partnerships with others in our sector
- Working closely with the Managing Director (Commercial), to enable mutually beneficial strategies for development
- Leading a successful team to deliver all operational activities
We are at an important, exciting and challenging point in our development. A new President, new Group Chief Executive and new offices provides us with an excellent opportunity to refocus. The changing political, trading and regulatory landscape means that the need for us to provide a strong voice for the industry in order to influence and shape the agenda has never been greater.
To succeed, you will need to have excellent leadership skills and be a confident ambassador externally. In addition, you will ideally have senior professional membership experience and good commercial acumen. You’ll manage an effective, positive and motivated staff group to deliver first class services to our customers. You’ll be a strategic thinker, able to work with the Board and policymakers at the highest level to develop the Federation’s approach in these changing times. Previous knowledge of the glass and glazing sector is not a prerequisite for applying.
For further information or to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law Executive Search by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 0207 747 7548. Application is by CV and Covering Letter. The Closing Date will be midnight on Thursday 19th October.