King’s College London is a Russell Group university, one of the top 25 universities in the world and the fourth oldest university in England. Based in the heart of London, we have c26,000 students, 6,600 employees and an overall annual income of £755million. Our Strategic Plan looks forward to our 200th anniversary in 2029 and shows how King’s will make the world a better place by focusing on five key strategic priorities: educate to inspire and improve; research to inform and innovate; serve to shape and transform; a civic university at the heart of London; an international community that serves the world.
Our Finance Directorate plays a key role in enabling the University to meet these objectives. We are seeking to recruit a Chief Accountant who will be a member of the senior leadership team within Finance reporting to the Vice President (Finance).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of c55 staff across Financial Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Accounts Payable, Credit Control, Cashiers, Systems Support and Pensions & Payroll functions
- Providing strong technical advice and assurance to the Vice President (Finance), senior colleagues and other stakeholders. The role holder has responsibility for a number of governance and compliance deliverables; tax returns, statutory accounts, US GAAP reporting, payroll and pension returns and formal reposts to the external governing body (HEFCE/OfS) such as HEBCIS and HESA.
- Ensuring a first class customer service across the areas of your team, recognising the importance of them to our staff, suppliers, partners and the wider community.
- The role holder plays a significant role in advising on financial aspects of international activities
- Playing a full role in the implementation of a new general ledger and payroll system.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant with significant experience in financial accounting and in managing large teams of people. Your ability to manage complexity, find solutions and give sound advice will be vitally important. On top of this, you’ll need excellent management skills and the ability to identify and implement changes to systems, processes and practice in the critically important customer-facing areas of your team to ensure we continue to provide excellent services.
In return, we offer the opportunity to be part of a truly inspiring, positive community of staff and students where you can enjoy a new level of variety, challenge and impact in your work.
For further information or to apply, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 747 4943. Closing date for applications will be midnight on Tuesday 30th January.