Senior Finance Partner
Queen Mary University London is a Russell Group university, one of the top 25 universities in the world. Based in Mile End, we have c25,000 students, 4000 employees and an overall annual turnover of over £400million. We teach and research across a wide range of subjects in the humanities, social sciences, law, medicine and dentistry, and science and engineering. We are based in a creative and culturally diverse area of east London and our site in Mile End is one of the largest self-contained residential campuses in the capital.
Queen Mary has made a strategic commitment to the highest quality of research. We have invested in this principle by systematically recruiting the best academics in their disciplines from around the world. The results of the most recent national assessment of research – the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) – have confirmed our place in the very top group of research-led universities in the UK. Overall we were ranked 9th in the UK among multi-faculty universities and 5th in the UK for the percentage of our 3* and 4* research outputs.
Our Finance Directorate plays a key role in enabling the University to meet these objectives. In recognition of the increasing scale and complexity of the University’s activities we are seeking to recruit a Senior Finance Partner
Key responsibilities will include:
• Build strong, credible relationships with Vice-Principal and senior leadership teams.
• Provide financial leadership to the faculty and ensure that the faculty has sustainable, cohesive financial and non-financial plans.
• Support the senior leadership teams in developing a longer term strategic view of the faculty.
• Develop and deliver improvements in financial reporting, including financial and non-financial drivers of performance, designed to improve the understanding of income and expenditure. Driving cost transparency and value for money.
• Develop financial business cases for new initiatives and identify risks and opportunities in the financial plans.
• Monitor the support given by the faculty finance team to stakeholders across the Faculty and take responsibility for the service provided.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Accountant .
University experience and a detailed understanding of the HEI regulatory and funding environment is highly desirable although may not be essential if the applicant has extensive experience in other sectors. Strong communication skills are a prerequisite.
In return, we offer the opportunity to be part of a truly inspiring, positive community of staff and students where you can enjoy a new level of variety, challenge and impact in your work.
For further information or to apply, please view the bespoke Micro-site at
https://www.morgan-law.com/qmul/ . or contact Rohen Cardle at Morgan Law by emailing Rohencardle@morgan-law.com or telephone 0207 747 6823.