Associate Director of Procurement
North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative (NOE CPC) is hosted by Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and has been providing collaborative and bespoke procurement solutions to the NHS and wider public sector since its formation in 2007.
NOE CPC is actively supporting the transformation of NHS Supply Chain through the introduction of the Future Operating Model and we are delighted to have been chosen as the Category Tower Service Provider for NHS Hotel Services..
The new position of Associate Director of Procurement will play a crucial role new Category Tower as a member of the CPC’s senior management team, you will provide leadership to the Category Procurement team and deliver the of overall category strategy for Hotel Services, including delivery of procurement work-plans and savings commitments.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team providing strategic procurement support to influence the circa £100m commercial expenditure within NHS Hotel Services across the multiple NHS stakeholder organisations.
- Ensure the development and delivery of a procurement work plan that enables the CPC to meet its contractual obligations as a Category Tower Service Provider (CTSP)
- Develop and implement a commercially focused organisational strategy for procurement enabling the CPC to deliver best value to NHS stakeholders across a national footprint.
- Adopt and implement best practice category management principles and techniques across a diverse portfolio of markets and suppliers.
- Oversee the continued improvement of procurement processes and procedures drawing on and sharing good practice
- Enhance customer satisfaction among key stakeholders resulting in increased adoption of national contacts, growth in customer uptake & retention and development of mutually beneficial long-term relationships
- Lead on supplier relationship management (CRM) and adoption of robust and pro-active risk management processes in order to ensure continuity of supply to NHS and mitigate risk of any supply disruption.
- Drive change to leverage supplier performance and stakeholder data to proactively monitor and evolve the value delivered by CPC
- Deliver cash releasing financial and efficiency savings in line with CPC forecasts and business case
- Co-ordinate procurement activity on behalf of stakeholder organisations to realise additional efficiency savings.
- Support a ‘one team’ philosophy and work closely with peers including the Category Tower Director, the Head of Regional Implementation and Adoption, and the Head of Category Support Services to develop a positive and dynamic organisational culture.
The successful applicant will be a highly experienced senior manager with a professional procurement qualification such as MCIPS, adept at driving for results and delivering to tight timescales in a complex working environment. Extensive working knowledge of EU legislation and detailed experience of NHS/public sector procurement is a must. With a track record of leading multi-professional teams, implementing change in a political environment and a thorough understanding of how collaborative working can be practically applied being essential.
For further information or to apply, please contact James Knowling at Morgan Law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0207 747 6827. Closing date for applications will be 20th May .