North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative (NOE CPC) is hosted by Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and has been providing collaborative and bespoke procurement solutions to the NHS and wider public sector since its formation in 2007.
NOE CPC is actively supporting the transformation of NHS Supply Chain through the introduction of the Future Operating Model and we are delighted to have been chosen as the Category Tower Service Provider for NHS Hotel Services.
The new position of Procurement Director will play a key role as the figurehead for this new Category Tower providing strategic and operational direction. You will ensure a commercially focused, dynamic service, delivering innovative procurement solutions and achieving significant and sustainable improvements for the NHS.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership and act as role model for NOE CPC Category Tower Team, working with other members of the NOE CPC senior management team to meet service needs, in line with the organisations contractual obligations.
- Lead and represent NOE CPC at both the Category Reference Board Customer Reference Board
- Collaborate and influence partners to embed cultural and implementation of comprehensive procurement strategy.
- Deliver an effective and efficient service in partnership with the service provider, maximizing opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Ensure all resources within the directorate are focused on delivering cash releasing savings, service utilisation and process improvements. .
- Develop and managing robust relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including key supplier organisations to ensure they meet the customer’s needs.
- Work collaboratively across NOE CPC to secure strategic alignment, provider cooperation and maximizing the impact of joint working.
- Develop and enhance key supplier relationships, explore new business opportunities and create opportunities to leverage suppliers.
- Lead the department to share best practice, building a culture of continuous improvement and flexible working
- Continuously investigate problems, analysing performance data of highly specialised areas relating to performance targets, strategic objectives, developed strategies and business plans
- Oversee the strategic planning of multi-disciplinary procurement projects, identifying interdependencies and potential impacts on wider organisation
- Establish and implement the Category Tower’s policies, procedures and data collection systems
- Support a ‘one team’ philosophy and work closely with colleagues including the Associate Director of Procurement, the Head of Regional Implementation and Adoption, and the Head of Category Support Services to develop a positive and dynamic organisational culture.
To succeed in your application, you will be a director level procurement professional with a post-graduate Diploma in a procurement discipline or similar related subject such as MCIPS. A track record managing a range of activity across a large complex landscape and detailed experience of leading significant change management projects is essential. Extensive knowledge of the commissioning cycle, contract management, cost improvement programmes is required. As well as proven ability in leadership, strategic thinking and planning, with highly developed political skills
For further information or to apply, please contact James Knowling at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephone 0207 747 6827. Closing date for applications will be 20th May .