The National Housing Federation are seeking a Digital Manager that will lead their digital communications and engagement, shaping and delivering a vision for digital in the organisation.
By understanding current trends and implementing digital strategies, the Digital Manager will strengthen the Federation’s reach and impact across all digital channels, and ensure our members are at the heart of our digital offer.
They will drive the generation of innovative digital content and push for continuous improvement in our web and social media presence, furthering the strategic aims of the organisation.
This role line manages two Digital Officers and will manage the workflow of the digital team, maintaining a strong focus on organisational priorities and overseeing the operational running of the website, microsites and social media.
- Digital lead on the My Federation program, delivering new website or digital engagement interface which provides personalised, relevant content and networking for members
- Drive the generation of inspiring and innovative digital content which effectively communicates Federation priorities to both member and public/stakeholder audiences
- Lead the digital team, guiding and supporting the Digital Officers to deliver against their targets, and building the team’s reputation internally and externally
- Prioritise and manage the team’s workflow in accordance with business objectives and strategic priorities
- Responsible for tracking and analysis of digital activities, evaluating results against agreed KPIs. Use this to continuously improve the Federation’s digital engagement and provide business reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Overall responsibility for the organisation’s social media strategy, ensuring the Federation is communicating and engaging across the channels and networks that offer the greatest reach and impact
- Oversee the running of the website and microsites to achieve business objectives, ensuring they deliver excellent user experience
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure key organisational projects are digitally focused and ensure the team supports and advises on all digital activity and channels
- Ensure all digital assets are on brand, meeting the Federation’s style guide and tone of voice, and that standards of digital engagement are documented and adhered to across the Federation
- Ensure that digital data collected conforms to the data strategy set out in the My Federation program
Technical Expertise and Knowledge
- Strong creative drive with ideas on how to engage target audiences and drive actions through digital communications
- A proven knowledge of websites, social media and emerging digital platforms
- A good understanding of information architecture and how to implement to improve user experience with user centred design
- People and project management experience, and a proven ability to drive programmes forward to achieve successful results
- Experience of using content management and CRM systems
- Experience of using and managing email broadcast systems
- Strong digital copywriting, editing and proofing skills.
- Experience working with designers to create excellent visual assets
What’s on Offer
- This post is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
- The holiday entitlement is 27 days plus three days paid holiday leave to only be taken between Christmas Day and New Year's Day inclusive, public holidays are in addition.
Occupational Sick Pay
- The entitlement to sick pay is service-related, starting with one month's full pay during the first year of service and rising to six months full pay after 5 years service.
- We offer a membership of a defined contribution pension scheme with the Social Housing Pension Scheme (SHPS). The minimum employee contribution rate is currently 1%. The Federation’s contribution rate is 2% higher than the employee up to a maximum Federation contribution of 8%.
Private Health Care
- The Federation will pay for you to become a member of the AXA PPP, allowing you to benefit from early diagnosis of medical conditions, access to surgery and complementary medicine e.g. physiotherapy. You may also opt to pay for your partner and/or children to become members too, and take out dental and optical cover.
Child Care Vouchers
- We offer a childcare voucher scheme to employees with childcare responsibilities. This is a salary sacrifice scheme and is a tax efficient way of paying for childcare.
Interest Free Loan – Season ticket
- We provide interest free loans to pay for annual season tickets for travel to and from work.
Cycle to Work scheme
- We offer a tax free cycle to work scheme, which allows savings on the cost of a new bike, clothing and accessories for employees wishing to cycle to work for all or part of their journey.
Learning and Development
- We provide an excellent working environment. The Federation has an organisational development programme which provides individuals with training and support to develop their skills. We also actively encourage individuals to participate in corporate project groups and development centres. We support individuals to undertake professional development and personal study, whilst encouraging a culture that supports a work-life balance for its staff.
- Carry out the work of this post in line with Federation policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities, corporate and professional standards including the Federation’s competencies framework.
Health and Safety
- All staff at the National Housing Federation must give full support to its health and safety policy. We seek from every member of staff active co-operation with those responsible for the effective planning, organisation and monitoring of our health and safety.
Equality and Diversity
- The Federation is strongly committed to developing a positive organisational culture which values people from all sections of the community and the contribution each individual can make to our work.