Morgan Law are proud to be partnering with Barnardo's to recruit their new Incident Manager.
Are you an experienced Incident Manager with the ability to work in a fast changing environment with team members who thrive on the unexpected? Reporting into the Head of Service Management this role manages two members of staff.
You will be responsible for ensuring all Incident and Problem processes are aligned to wider policies, are coherent to the team/external stakeholders and that Incident and Problem management processes are owned and communicated. you will provide support Incident Management training and awareness programmes; providing hands-on guidance for the team.
You will provide daily workflow management and oversight of incident and problem management within the team i.e. allocating daily responsibilities and workloads and ensure that regular analysis occurs to identify and report on trends, root causes with feedback mechanisms into the business stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to manage service recovery and repair through application of Service and Supplier Management disciplines, e.g. ITIL, as appropriate
- Full knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, change and release management processes
- Co-ordination of various business and technical teams to achieve a shared goal, driving up performance
- Minimum Certification in ITIL V3 Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- Desirable certification ITIL v3 Operational Support and Analysis or Service Operations
Protecting and enhancing our reputation
- Communication, influencing and negotiation skills (specifically high standard of written communication for the production of reports and advanced verbal communication skills to liaise with all levels of Senior Management including Suppliers and Clients during and subsequent to live incidents)
- Analysis, problem solving and decision making skills essential to formulate key recovery plans
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.