Service Desk Manager
The Royal Albert Hall is one of the world’s most recognisable and best loved entertainment venues with an unrivalled history of world-class artists and performances. Each year it hosts around 380 events a year on its main stage including the BBC Proms, rock and pop concerts, opera, ballet, circus, film premieres and award ceremonies. The Hall is owned and operated as a registered charity without revenue funding from central or local government and has as its objectives promoting the Arts and Sciences and maintaining the building.
Morgan Law are delighted to be partnering with the Royal Albert Hall in their search for an experienced Service Desk Manager to join and lead their Service team. You will be a proactive, hard worker, yet approachable and displaying excellent communication skills, with experience working in a demanding Service Desk environment.
You will be prepared not only to manage a small team, but also make direct contributions to strategy and matters of best practice and data security, ensuring a consistent IT service standard is delivered to the organisation and its user base.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a revered Arts organisation, contributing to their continued success and becoming a part of their efforts at a time when they fast approach their historic bicentennial anniversary.
- Effectively manage the organisation’s Service Desk function, promptly dealing with all queries or reallocating as appropriate
- Contribute to training and induction for staff regarding their system needs, including understanding and appreciating the data security requirements of the organisation
- Lead on development of ‘best practice’ solutions for the delivery of user services within the organisation
- Provide line management for the IT Officer, including setting targets and giving feedback
- Extensive experience of maintaining a Service Desk environment in a fast-moving IT department
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and application thereof (qualification preferable)
- Experience of operating in an Office365 environment and of managing users & groups with Active Directory
- Experience working within a networked environment, including familiarity with DNS, DHCP, VLANs and authentication tools
- Mitel experience is preferable