Head of IT
Morgan Law are proud to be working with Bloodwise to recruit their new Head of IT.
Bloodwise are beginning the process of transforming their ICT infrastructure, services and support. They have a small, central team with additional support through an external, outsourced services provider.
The new Head of IT role will lead this function and be responsible for all aspects of supplier management. The role will involve a combination of strategic and hands-on duties, with the ability to optimise the use of external suppliers to deliver a progressive and cost-effective strategy to meeting the needs of the organisation and its’ users.
- These are the main responsibilities for the Head of IT, however may require other ad hoc tasks to be taken on from time to time.
- Develop, maintain and implement a business-led IT strategy for Bloodwise, including regular reporting on progress.
- Deliver leadership and advice to management teams and staff on aspects of IT to support the development and delivery of organisational and team strategies.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and development of the IT asset base, including upgrades and replacements, software and operating system configuration.
- Work with existing Bloodwise outsourced IT supplier to ensure all critical activities are taking place such as operating system and security upgrades to critical hardware (e.g. firewalls and servers.)
- Providing IT/systems requirement analysis for new systems, specifications and tenders.
- Involved in the procurement of all business solutions and technology, including preparing and managing RFI/RFP documentation and processes as required.
- Maintain and monitor a central help-desk system
- Managing the IT budget, including revenue, capital and project budgets as required.
- Play an active part in the Leadership Team of the organisation, creating a positive culture of performance, connectedness and accountability.
For this role you will need proven skills in the following areas
- Experience of developing and implementing an IT strategy
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively in order to deliver business benefits
- Experience of implementing ITIL processes for service operation and improvement
- Experience of mitigating risk within IT service but able to deliver business efficient solutions /networks / platforms / new technology
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of managing suppliers and partners through procurement and able to manage Contracts
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies – able to support internal staff and challenge external suppliers
This is an exciting opportunity to create and shape an IT service. If this sounds like the role you are looking for and you feel you have the knowledge, skills and experience we need, please apply to email@example.com setting out how you match the requirements of the job specification in a covering letter.
1st stage interviews are expected to be held mid August, with final interviews late August / early September.