The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a £22 million conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands, are pioneers in saving wetlands and inspire everyone to value what healthy wetlands can do for people and nature.
WWT have ten beautifully located sites across the UK all providing exceptional access to nature and the organisation also has ambitious international plans for the future as well as the exciting project to redevelop the Slimbridge centre – Slimbridge 2020!
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, professional and highly motivated Finance Manager. Reporting to the Head of Finance and working closely with the wider finance team, you will be responsible for accurate and timely financial processing, enabling the production of high quality financial information. You will also be expected to work closely with colleagues across the business supporting them to understand and address any financial issues and requirements that they have.
Specific duties include:
• Lead, support, train and develop the finance team to ensure that all work is performed accurately, on time and that a professional and efficient service is provided to WWT.
• Produce accurate, concise and easy to understand management accounts each month, in line with agreed timescales and procedures and produce an accurate consolidated balance sheet each quarter.
• Assist with the production of year-end accounts and audit schedules to the required standard and timescales ensuring that all financial documentation is filed so that there is a clear audit trail and documents are easily retrievable.
• Partner with managers across WWT to understand and comply with finance procedures, help with queries and their understanding of their management accounts, and ensure that financial rules and procedures are followed
• Work closely with the Head of Finance and Director of Finance and Support Services contributing to any ad hoc and strategic business which require financial input
To join WWT as the Finance Manager you will need:
• To be a qualified accountant or qualified by experience with significant experience in financial and management accounting
• To be continually looking for improvements in all areas of finance and using prior commercial and business experience to improve service delivery
• Good knowledge of spreadsheets and financial software
• Awareness of charity accounting and working in a comparable organisation
• Previous line management experience
What’s on offer?
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
• Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
• Life assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• Child care voucher scheme
Closing date 16th September
Interview date TBC