IT & Technology
Arts & Museums
ICT Manager, £40-£45,000
Kings Place, a prestigious Arts Organisation, are looking for a hands-on and dynamic ICT Manager to ensure the secure and effective operation of all the organisation’s applications and systems.
Kings Place is an exciting, multi-arts, cultural destination and state-of-the-art conference venue in Kings Cross’ vibrant new quarter. Independently funded, Kings Place finances its artistic output through ticket sales, commercial enterprise and the hire of spaces and facilities for rehearsals, conferences, filming and recordings.
With two world-class performance spaces, Kings Place’s unique programme of music, spoken-word, comedy and family events is managed by the charity Kings Place Music Foundation, in collaboration with partners such as Aurora Orchestra, London Sinfonietta, Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and Poet in the City, all of whom are based in the building.
This role is vital to the success of the organisation as IT has many touch points within it, across all departments. Whilst managing the support environment, you will also manage on of the subsidiary company AV equipment and their in-house events company ICT support during events.
Your key responsibilities will include• Performing a range of 1st to 3rd line technical support & managing external suppliers
• Day-to-day management of the ICT department budget
• Development and maintenance of all in-house systems
• Management of their Wi-Fi network & secure network access for a wide range of remote users
• Implementation and management of network security and backup processes
• Scheduling upgrades, testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate reliably
Experience required for this role• Managing IT and IT budgets for a complex and fast paced organisation
• Hands on experience of maintaining systems (Microsoft and Apple).
• Relevant ICT Qualifications. (Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA)
• Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Windows Server & Hyper-V.
• Proven 3rd party supplier management experience.
• Knowledge of layer 2 networking
• Excellent communication skills
This is a permanent role, offering a competitive salary working for an exciting events and Arts organisation whose festivals include London Podcast Festival, Sonica, The Politics Festival, London Piano Festival, Bach Weekend, Songlines Encounters and the venue’s year-long flagship series Unwrapped. Kings Place is also home to Pangolin, London’s only commercial contemporary sculpture gallery, and has further gallery spaces curated by Piano Nobile.
The award-winning building, which is also home to the Guardian newspaper, is located in the heart of Kings Cross on the Battlebridge Basin, and has its own public atrium, canal-side Rotunda Restaurant and Bar, plus the Green & Fortune Café.
KPMF staff members are motivated and passionate, supporting the organisation’s work through their dedication to its goals. Kings Place encourage personal development and training across all departments to ensure working lives are productive and enriched.
They are looking to hire ASAP so if you are interested, please contact me for the full job description.