Information Security Manager
A prestigious UK charity is looking for an experienced and engaging Information Security Manager who will lead the implementation, and maintenance of working practices to establish and preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the data assets throughout the organisation.
In this role you will focus on achieving the highest standards of digital information (data) security, governance and risk management across the charity.
- Take the lead on data security management and advise on the application and implications of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation
- Establish and chair a Data Steering Group represented by information owners and stewards from various business areas; setting the agenda, chairing meetings and ensuring that reliable, accurate information is relayed and recorded
- Advise the charity as to security concerns and recommendations regarding the security of data and systems to strengthen relationships with all business areas and suppliers
- Support the organisation in meeting its legal, regulatory and business responsibilities regarding data security and risk management, working with the Data Protection Officer where appropriate
- Create and maintain ownership accountability of the charity’s data systems
- Define, document and implement security policies which affect all directorates within the organisation
- Management of information security and cyber risk
- A good understanding of information management practices including information lifecycle management
- A good understanding of data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
- Knowledge and practical experience of meeting legal compliance requirements around legislation including the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation
- Experience of working to standards such as ISO270001 and Information Technology and Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Experience of influencing and negotiating at a senior level
This is a permanent role, with a salary of £65,000-£75,000