Associate Procurement Director
Morgan Law is currently supporting NHS Commercial Solutions (NHSCS), the award-winning procurement and commercial services provider, to recruit an Associate Procurement Director responsible for managing the integrated procurement service across two member Trusts, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SABP) and Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPT).
NHSCS provides strategic procurement services to NHS organisations within Kent, Surrey, Sussex and further afield. It is wholly owned by the NHS and has delivered savings in excess of £190 million since its inception in 2007. The organisation works in partnership with trusts and with multiple stakeholders within the trusts (and other procurement hubs) to deliver cash releasing savings, cost and quality improvements across a wide range of categories.
The position of Associate Procurement Director, as the senior procurement contact across the Trust’s integrated service, plays a vital role in managing the non-pay spend across the organisations and the development of their long-term procurement strategy, policies and work plans.
- Crucially, set the culture and personal development priorities for the integrated team, creating the environment for the team to excel, and ensure effective management is in place
- Deliver a best practice procurement service to all stakeholders
- Devise, implement and continually review a joint procurement strategy to ensure innovation and improved value for money from non-pay expenditure across both SABP and SPT
- Produce and maintain joint procurement work plans, integrated with the Procurement strategy and Business objectives of both trusts
- Lead on complex procurements and provide strategic advice to Senior Management and Divisional Leads across both organisations
- Develop and maintain the procurement policy and guidance documents for both SABP and SPT
- Evaluate cost saving opportunities by using benchmarking and re-negotiation, re-engineering and volume leverage
- Establish a culture of collaborative working across the organisations, such as the co-ordinating, planning and monitoring of all major procurement projects
- Provide expert technical advice and knowledge on UK and EU procurement regulations to ensure all Trust procurement activities are in accordance with the Trusts policies and procedures
- Ensure effective contract management arrangements are in place for both SABP and SPT
- Review national policy and procurement practice, recommend changes and lead on change management
- Professional procurement qualification such as MCIPS
- Proven track record building successful procurement functions and leading change
- Extensive experience in a senior management position within public or private sectors
- Track record developing procurement partnerships and delivering procurement best practice
- Experience of delivering complex procurements projects in public or private sector
For more information or to apply for this new position please contact James Knowling at Morgan Law on 0207 747 6827 or Email email@example.com