This is a hands-on role responsible for the Connectivity & Infrastructure function within IT throughout this global charity. This includes data centre infrastructure (servers, storage, facilities, networking & appliances), data centre applications (primarily Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare), network administration, network engineering (VPN, VOIP, WAN), client environment engineering, and Level 3 support.
- You will also provide expert advice to management of information technology on systems, security and connectivity issues in country offices.
- To provide professional management and support to a small team (2/3) of Infrastructure Analysts
- Lead global, strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of their enterprise infrastructure and associated project portfolio, including but not limited to 24x7 data centre infrastructure management and evolution, mobility and remote access services, wireless networks, active directory, global WAN & WAN acceleration and innovative end user computing solutions.
- Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations and KPI compliance. Establish metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
- Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events
- Global technology standards exist and are applied. Direct reports are supported and developed to ensure these standards are consistently met. External suppliers are managed to ensure service provision is fit for purpose.
- ICT strategy is supported by knowledge of current technological changes, particularly as appropriate for developing countries.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in Cisco Meraki, ideally CCNA qualified, certification preferred.
- Current and recent MS Server Operating Systems and desktop products and technologies,
- Systems management tools and strategies.
- Current and evolving network technologies, especially those impacting Intranet and Internet environments.
- LAN and WAN principles and technologies, including VOIP, VPN, WAN Acceleration.
- Understanding and experienced in Network Security implementation and policy.
- Experience of Azure, Office 365 and Cisco Meraki are essential