I am recruiting for one of our top clients in the University sector.
Kings College London
Based in Waterloo and are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
£70,000 – £80,000
Reporting into the Chief Accountant.
The post holder will ensure that the organisation report both internally and externally in accordance with the regulatory financial standards.
Responsibility for ensuring the General Ledger is properly controlled and reconciled and that the financial statements are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
The post holder has responsibility for several governance and compliance deliverables: Statutory Accounts, US GAAP reporting, payroll and pension returns and formal reports to the external governing bodies. They will further have responsibility for managing the Statutory Year-End audit with the Chief Accountant and the External Auditors.
• Responsible for driving strong financial rigour, processes and reconciliation around the new financial system.
• To work closely with the Management Accounting team and rest of Finance to drive accurate and timely monthly reporting and striving for best practice.
• To act as a technical advisor to the rest of finance in relation to financial accounting and application of financial standards that comply with FRS102, SORPS and other regulatory standards.
• To ensure that other financial stakeholders are applying the correct accounting treatment of financial transactions on the General Ledger that comply with accounting standards.
• To manage the annual statutory year-end audit with the Chief Accountant and the External Auditors.
• To act as a central reference point where applicable with the external auditors and to help manage the audit in line with the agreed timetable and pre-agreed prepared by client listing.
• To support the Chief Accountant in ensuring that audit recommendations arising from the External Audit Management Letter are reviewed and implemented.
• To ensure that necessary filings with Companies House and governing bodies are submitted in line with prescribed timelines.
• Qualified accountant (preferably ACA, CA, ACCA).
• Considerable experience in using financial systems to an expert level, preferably business world.
• Advanced excel modelling skills including pivot tables a VLookUps.
• Experience successfully managing a small finance team.
• Significant experience in the production of statutory accounts.
• Exposure to statutory year end audits.
• Able to explain complex accounting issues to non-accountants.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Superannuation Pension Scheme
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.