AV Support Technician
A Leading London based University is seeking an experienced Audio-Visual Technician to join the IT Support team as a dedicated AV Support, assisting with IT support generally on a 1st line basis in quieter periods.
You should have great technical experience with a skill base across all aspects of Audio Visual equipment and you should ideally be an ambitious person who is able to use your own initiative to solve problems and learn about new technology.
Responsibilities and Remit:• Setting-up AV Equipment
• Preparing & Checking & Loading equipment for events and ensuring Health and Safety is adhered to.
• 2 + years AV experience with a degree or foundation course in media, broadcast or AV.
• Understanding signal flow both in audio and video applications.
• Adaptable, flexible and willingness to learn.
• Have excellent technical skills and be familiar with the main AV equipment types
• Possesses good IT & creative skills to minimum 1st line support level.
Qualifications/experience required• Resolve technical problems with Audio / Visual technologies (kit / hardware / software) through providing support via the Service Desk
• Be the primary contact for 3rd party support partners for AV repair / replacement
• Help define AV best practices, providing best-of-breed service across the organisation.
• Fully document all AV solutions in terms of support, troubleshooting best practice, and easy to read user guides for staff
• Review current technology across room and offices and propose AV refitting where appropriate
• Provide in-room AV support for critical meetings and sessions onsite and key conferences offsite.
• Assist with 1st Line support when needed in quieter periods