Windows Server Administrator
Our client, a global charity, are seeking a Server Administrator to join their cutting-edge IT Department. This is a role that would suit a driven IT Server Administrator who is experienced in Windows but wants to venture down the Linux server administration path. You will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring their server infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently in a role which is critical to the charity.
Your main duties will be
• As part of a team, ensuring that systems remain available, secure and perform well across both Windows and Linux stacks (training provided for Linux)
• Taking part in the planning and design of improvements to our server infrastructure
• Ensuring all system plans, policies and procedures are accurately documented
• Providing regular reporting to IT management on server capacity, availability and performance
• Troubleshooting problems with the Software Engineering team
• General admin duties to network infrastructure
• Updating approved existing systems with latest software patches
• Performing vulnerability scans across networks and assessing findings
• Investigating and responding to support requests, diagnosing and resolving technical issues
You should have 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, supporting and enhancing production applications on cloud technologies with good knowledge of Windows server administration including Server 2012R2 and 2016, Exchange 365, Microsoft Azure, Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot to a high standard, even under pressure
The charity will train you on Linux so a willingness to learn new skills is essential.