Governance Officer (Part-time)
Our Not-for-Profit client based in central London are looking for a Governance Officer to join them on a pro-rata basis (3 days per week)
- Deputise for the Governance Manager as required.
- Support all member elections including; General Assembly, Vice-President; Board of Trustees and any ballots required under the company Charter.
- Act as Secretary to the Nominations Sub-committee, Audit Committee, Major Projects Scrutiny Committee and other boards and committees as required.
- Support the delivery of General Assembly meetings.
- Arrange and co-ordinate board and committee meetings including sourcing venues and monitoring budgets.
- Prepare, draft, and circulate papers and agendas, write and distribute meeting minutes and co-ordinate follow up actions.
- Support effective induction programmes for new members of General Assembly and the Board of Trustees.
- Support and undertake company secretarial duties for various charities and companies as directed by the Governance Manager.
- Support appointments to the company Committees, Panels and wider governance bodies as required.
- Prepare briefings and reports for the Senior Executive Team, Presidential Team and Board of Trustees as appropriate.
- Manage the contracts register.
- Maintain the register of interests.
- Manage the Gifts and hospitality register
- Participate in corporate projects from time to time
- Manage the paper index and action logs.
- Produce management information reporting relating to Board and committee statistics
- Undertake other duties, commensurate with the post, as may be directed by the Governance Manager.
- The organisation is looking for
- Recent governance experience
- Previous experience of formal meeting and agenda management and minute taking for committees and groups
- Working with senior managers and directors up to Board level
- Degree level or equivalent is essential. Candidates with legal, governance, compliance qualifications or working towards attaining professional (ICSA) qualification will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills commensurate with working with senior managers and directors
- Resilience in dealing with challenging and committed people
- Interpret and present data
- An ability to establish credibility with and inspire confidence in all stakeholders and to exercise judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues
- An ability to manage stakeholder relationships at all levels
- An ability to handle complex information and to manage multiple tasks
- A team player with a collaborative approach who is committed to the success of the team as a whole
- Works well under pressure, with a patient manner and calm exterior
- Proven organisational ability and management of a variety of competing tasks and issues, prioritising appropriately and escalating where necessary
- Competence in use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Evidence of team work and collaboration
- Excellent attention to details and can demonstrate pride in work and ensuring it is of the highest standard
- Experience of working in the membership or third sectors
- Knowledge of public or charitable sector procedures and practices.
- Experience of using Board portals
- Previous experience of a service type environment (e.g. dealing with queries/helplines) and using judgement when providing support to others