I am recruiting for one of our top clients in the charity sector. They are based in South London and are looking to recruit a Head of Finance on a permanent basis.
£48,000 – £50,000
Reporting into the Director of Finance and Resources.
The post holder will lead the running of the charity’s finance operations, to provide an efficient, professional, accurate and robust service to maximise the use of resources and achieve the charity’s strategy, supporting a growing charity, and the vision to make a direct difference.
This involves working closely with the Director of Finance and Resources and the rest of the leadership team, as well as being part of the charity’s management team, to act as a finance business partner, supporting and advising where financial decisions are required
• Work closely with senior leaders and managers to provide support, insight and advice on decisions with financial or commercial implications.
• Work with the Director of Finance and Resources to ensure annual accounts cycle is managed to prepare annual reporting of accounts to meet required deadlines.
• Lead on the annual budgeting and business planning cycle, ensuring involvement and communication with Directors and Heads of all teams.
• Qualified accountant
• A good understanding of statutory and management accounting ideally with knowledge of charity SORP
• Proven experience in budget and resource development including developing and monitoring performance management systems to manage both operational and project work
• Good knowledge of accounting software packages (preferably Sage 50)
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Knowledge of charity law
• Charity experience highly desirable
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Good pension
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.