Finance Business Partner
I am recruiting for one of our top clients in the charity sector. They are based in Peterborough and are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner on a permanent basis.
£37,000 – £40,000
Reporting into the Finance Director.
The postholder will ensure robust and effective financial administration and provide professional financial leadership and support to the organisation.
Include but are not limited to:
• Be aware of and comply with relevant policies and procedures, including those relating to safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection.
• Support Business Managers and Finance Managers in building annual budgets and 3 yearly plans, as well as ongoing budget monitoring and forecasting.
• Provide input to the FD so that the monthly management reports can be prepared.
• Support business managers/finance managers and other staff in day to day accounting and the month end financial procedures including;
• checking of or performing monthly bank reconciliations
• reconciliation of nominal and intercompany/intercost centre balances.
• reviewing posting of income and expenditure transactions and correct or adjust as required.
• Assist the Finance Director in preparing and submitting financial returns to the relevant bodies.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• At least 3 years’ experience of working in a finance role
• Experience of operating as a high-level user of mid-range accountancy systems
• Ability to understand, interpret and clearly communicate financial performance and concepts to colleagues and stakeholders with varying levels of financial understanding.
• Sound knowledge of financial reporting standards
• Excellent accounting and bookkeeping skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage various stakeholders effectively
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Good pension
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period of change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.