Interim Management Accountant (Band 5)
One of our key NHS clients are looking for a Band 5 Management Accountant to join their team to aid them in providing the management accounting service to the organisation.
The post holder will prepare financial information and advice to enable the Trust to operate effectively, adhering to NHS and accounting standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• To provide financial information and advice to the division’s budget managers. To meet regularly with these managers to review their budget and payroll statements.
• To support budget holders in managing their budgets through provision of ad hoc reports and advice, discussing complex financial issues with them, suggesting alternative options and negotiating corrective action.
• To prepare accurate journals and prime entries to the financial systems, with proper explanations and documents, according to Accounting and Audit Standards.
• To work with budget holders to set draft budgets consistent with the annual financial planning and budget setting process. Responsible for analysing proposed budgets and recommending alternative solutions where issues arise.
• Responsible for ensuring that stock takes are conducted at appropriate times and accounted for correctly in the General Ledger, including the supervision of staff undertaking the count and liaison with financial accounts and audit as necessary.
• To raise invoice request forms to ensure the Trust recovers all income due to it.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of accounting systems
• Be an active team member within the Finance Department and the Division(s)
• Make recommendations to reduce costs and enhance value
• Undertake other duties as agreed with the Head of Management Accounts.