Band 6 Media & Communications Officer
The Media & Communications Officer will work closely with clinical teams across the Trust, they will be responsible for: sourcing and producing positive editorial case studies to pitch to the media, including national media channels; developing relationships with key journalists such as health correspondents, features editors, television news producers and national radio reporters and producers; maintaining an active presence on social media platforms and investigating new media channels; responding to appropriate media enquiries and providing media support in an emergency or major incident. Broadcast experience and knowledge is particularly useful for this role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work with the deputy head of communications to recognise and create opportunities for positive media and social media coverage, which build on the reputation, and showcase the work of the Trust.
- To identify, plan, research, write to a high standard and deliver proactive communications (e.g. media releases and statements; social media alerts; e-shots, website stories) about Trust services (including research) and staff, gaining approval and publishing in a timely fashion.
- To build and develop relationships with key clinical staff, managers and other staff, promoting the advice and assistance available from the communications team and encouraging the sharing of news and achievements.
- To build and develop relationships with key journalists – broadcast, print and digital.
- To manage and respond to media calls and enquiries, escalating complex enquiries to the deputy head of communications when necessary.
- To monitor and evaluate media and social media activity on a daily basis, identifying trends and sharing appropriate intelligence. To maintain a digital library of broadcast footage.
- Keep the media section of the Trust’s website up to date, easy to access and meaningful.
- To organise media visits, filming requests and interview requests, as necessary. Oversee filming on Trust premises.