Director of Finance
I am proud to be recruiting an exciting role for one of our new top charity clients based in East London. This Charity are looking to recruit a Director of Finance on a permanent basis.
£70,000 - £74,000
Occasional International Travel involved.
The post holder will be accountable for the organisation’s strategic and day to day financial management and leadership, as well as holding responsibility for all ICT and Business Intelligence aspects of the organisation.
The Director of Finance will contribute towards driving efficiency, reducing costs and maximising the funds available to invest in the realisation of our mission and vision as well as securing the sustainable future of the organisation, together with its subsidiaries
• Working with the Chief Executive, develop, implement and deliver the charities financial strategy, including justification of strategic options, and presentation of the plan.
• Be the Financial Responsible Officer for all significant programmes and projects within the charity.
• Ensure that appropriate financial analyses and reports are provided at various levels, both internally and externally. These include monthly management accounts, budget and financial reports as well as the annual report to the Board of Trustees.
• Ensure that all accounting processes are efficient and effective.
• Overall responsibility for all aspects of financial accounting, production of annual Statutory Accounts, ensuring that proper records of accounts are maintained.
• Working closely with the ICT Manager, develop and implement an Information Technology Strategy to support the delivery of a highly effective ICT service across all sites, that is equipped to meet the changing demands of the organisation.
• Develop and drive the charities Business Intelligence strategy to improve the visibility and use of information within the organisation to aid effective decision making.
• Lead, develop and manage the Finance Department by supporting, guiding, motivating and developing staff, including appraisals.
• Lead, develop and manage the ICT department by supporting, guiding, motivating and developing staff, including appraisals.
• Qualified Chartered or Certified Accountant.
• Significant experience of leading a Finance & ICT Function.
• A proven track record of success in a senior leadership role.
• Experience of leading and managing change projects.
• Excellent financial skills, including the ability to prepare, analyse and interpret financial information to aid decision-making as well as a range of information and data from a variety of sources within corporate service areas.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period of change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.