Governance Manager required to work within a complex public sector body which is a membership as well as a regulatory & educational organisation . As the Governance Manager and part of a team , you will ensure the highest standards of governance and compliance with legal and charitable requirements and best practice. Provide support and advice to all Council and committee members and act as the conduit for all communication and engagement with them.
As a Governance Manager you will undertake a range of activities, including the provision of high quality, effective secretariat support at Council/Committee/Board level.
Providing secretariat support
- Provide high quality secretariat support to a range of meetings including: planning the annual cycle of meeting dates; forward scheduling; agenda planning; commissioning papers; producing accurate minutes and summaries of actions.
- Provide effective scrutiny of complex Council/Committee/Board papers ensuring quality standards are maintained and providing challenge to senior Executive team members when necessary.
- Plan, design and deliver annual effectiveness reviews for Committees/Boards, ensuring compliance with best practice.
- Ensure the smooth conduct of Committee/Board business, including logistical and all other arrangements.
- Provide high quality, timely advice, guidance and support to Council, Committee and Partner members at all times.
- Review, improve and implement appropriate systems to support the efficient and effective running of Council/Committees/Boards.
Member recruitment and support
- Plan, design, deliver and evaluate Council and committee member recruitment and reappointment exercises, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Professional Standards Authority and the Privy Council.
- Plan, design, deliver and evaluate induction programmes for new members and ongoing training activity, including external visits.
- Plan and manage the production of the statutory Annual Report and Accounts ensuring compliance with Parliamentary, Charity Commission and OSCR requirements, managing the process and coordinating contributions from across the organisation.
- Draft high quality content for inclusion in the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Ensure the content of the statutory Annual Fitness to Practise Report and the Annual Report and Accounts align.
Governance policies and processes
- Undertake reviews of governance policies and processes as required, recommending improvements in line with good practice.
- Develop new governance policies and processes as required ensuring compliance with legal and charitable requirements.
- Plan, design and deliver awareness-raising activities across the organisation to promote governance policies.
Communication and relationships
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships across the organisation including with our Council Chair and members, Committee Chairs and partner members and the Executive team. Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with professional networks to identify and share good practice