Head of PMO
An experienced and dynamic PMO professional looking for a challenging and fast paced role in an ambitious local authority. The role will be at the heart of improving project and programme delivery across all departments in the Council; playing a lead role in building a Corporate PMO function.
You will be working with Senior Management to shape a newly created team and be pivotal in the way the organisation delivers a challenging change programme.
- Focus on building and establishing the Corporate PMO; putting in place systems and processes for successful project and programme management.
- Being Provide leadership, set standards for project, programme and portfolio management to enable the successful delivery of the Council’s major projects and programmes through effective assurance, tracking and reporting.
- Ensure that there is a robust governance structure in place so that issues and risks are flagged early. It will undertake structured resource planning to ensure there is sufficient capacity to keep performance levels high.
- Add value by working with project managers to review project plans, review stage gate documentation, review business cases and look at benefits management.
- Be responsible for driving a culture of learning and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams as well as building strong relationships across organisational boundaries.
- Significant programme and portfolio management experience including establishing, managing and reporting on robust governance arrangements, stage gate processes, risks & issues management, financials, project/ programme/portfolio assurance etc.
- Demonstrable experience in both strategic and operational leadership.
- Experience in working in the Public Sector.
- Pragmatic thinker and ability to influence senior stakeholders across a matrixed managed organisation.
- Experience of managing effective governance and quality controls in a complex environment. Must have experience of leading an enterprise-level PMO with an expert understanding of established project management lifecycles, methodologies, governance and frameworks
- Educated to at least first degree level or equivalent experience, have a qualification in PPM, PRINCE2 etc. or recognised project management methodologies.