Morgan Law are proud to be working with The Girl’s Day School Trust in their search for an experienced Project Manager to work on IT and change projects primarily involving the implementation of two key business systems.
The GDST (Girls' Day School Trust) is the UK's principal network of independent girls’ schools, with over 3,500 staff, a network of 23 schools and two academies in England and Wales.
This role will cover the delivery of projects, from initial planning, to implementation and closure and ensure that projects are delivered according to cost, scope and quality criteria.
The key project will involve the implementation of new HR and payroll software.
Key Responsibilities:• Coordinate and administer project steering group meetings.
• Create and own project documentation, including Business Case, PID and RAID.
• Track and monitor project progress and ensure that appropriate project reporting mechanisms are in place.
• Proactively manage project issues and risks.
• Monitor and report on the delivery of benefits throughout the project.
• Collaborate with members of the project team and suppliers to produce and manage project plans.
• Support the project team to deliver project tasks and keep the project on track.
• Ensure that stakeholders are receiving timely and relevant communications.
• Manage project budgets.
Experienced Required:• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Project management qualification, such as PRINCE 2/APM/Agile, or evidence of the equivalent gained through experience
• At least five years’ experience in the delivery of complex projects or programmes
• Capable in the use of project management software
• Knowledge of implementing projects in an enterprise environment
• Implementation of complex business systems (HR and payroll systems desirable)
• Change management
• Experience working both independently and, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Person Specification• Proven organisation and communication skills with ability to adapt style to differing stakeholders
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
• Able to work on own initiative
• Able to deal with pressurised situations in a calm and caring way
• Solutions-oriented approach with a can-do attitude