Senior Database Administrator,
A prestigious UK Charity is looking for a hands-on Senior Database Administrator with excellent technical ability who will be the authoritative centre of knowledge for all aspects of database operations.
You will be responsible for the implementation, availability, performance and security of all the Charity's database platforms.
- Ensure availability and usability of database systems and services to agreed SLAs
- Make changes to database system infrastructure to support business development and change
- Pertinent advice provided during the selection process of new database platforms
- Ensure smooth roll out of new database platforms, with minimal disruption to the Charity's users
- Enhanced security of database systems to protect business information
- Effective 2nd line generic support and 3rd line specialist support
- Effective working with internal and external stakeholders on database system projects.
- A relevant degree or equivalent with a recognised qualification in computing.
- Knowledge of resilient database implementations (clusters, mirrors, replicas).
- Good understanding of T-SQL, script creation in Powershell and understanding/appreciation of web enabling technology.
- Substantial experience, including specific detailed experience of database implementation, maintenance, performance tuning techniques and the provision of databases in a high availability environment.
- Technical experience to include relevant experience of the following: Microsoft SQL Server database administration including backups, capacity, availability and performance management;
- Working in a project managed environment
They are looking to hire ASAP so if you are interested, send your CV through ASAP or call me for more details.