Director of IT
Morgan Law are proud to be working with a School who are looking for a new Director of IT. The successful candidate will lead the IT Department in developing and implementing an ambitious, long-term digital strategy as well as managing effective and efficient IT support to teaching, learning and to administration departments. This post manages a team of 10.
• Setting the IT department’s strategy in line with the digital vision and providing strategic leadership on all aspects of teaching and support IT provision (academic, administrative, financial, pastoral and technical)
• Working closely with the deputy head and director of Digital Learning and Innovation on the development of the school’s digital strategy
• Managing research to inform the strategy and to advise on emerging trends and technologies
• Day-to-day management of the IT department, ensuring effective support is provided in a professional manner in line with department SLAs
• Setting annual budgets and bidding for capex items as appropriate
• Management of IT procurement and managing contracts with 3rd party IT providers, following appropriate due diligence
• With the head of computer services, overseeing appropriate IT training to each IT team member and to staff more broadly
• Ensuring the effective installation, maintenance and management of the school’s IT and telephone infrastructure (both hardware and software) for teaching, learning and administration. This includes monitoring the system usage
• Working with project manager and developer to ensure IT projects are properly, scoped, resourced, documented and implemented
• Ensuring School’s that the confidential electronic data is secure and complies with GDPR
• With the Developer, managing the school’s teaching and administration software systems, including KLP and KIM
To make an application please send your up to date CV and cover letter to us asap.