Director of Business & Innovation
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is one of the leading providers of mental health, learning disability and drug & alcohol services for people of all ages in Southern England. We deliver high quality care across our 140 services, employing 2,300 staff across 39 sites, serving a population of 1.3 million. The Trust has a longstanding reputation for high quality research and innovation.
It is an exciting time to be working in mental health. Greater public and policymaker engagement, together with the development of new partnerships, resources and technologies all have the potential to make transformative improvements to the lives of our service users, their carers and the general population.
As Director of Business & Innovation, you will report to the Executive Director of Innovation, Development & Therapies and play a key role in helping us harness the potential of innovative new ways of working to drive the Trust forward on its quality improvement journey and the delivery of its Clinical Strategy. You will be supporting the development of new services, commercial opportunities and revenue streams. You will need to demonstrate a strong values base and be passionate about improving the emotional wellbeing of people using services, their carers and families. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior clinical, research and operational staff to identify sources of revenue to support new ways of work and transformation that improve outcomes for the people using our services
- Strengthening the innovation infrastructure within the Trust to support the incubation and spread of new ideas and approaches
- Leading our commercial activity, including securing new contracts and generating income to support the transformation of existing services
- Generating income and commercial opportunities from research and intellectual property and supporting the transfer of that knowledge into practical applications
- Supporting our Divisional Directors to improve and transform their services, including assisting with the mobilisation of new contracts and businesses
- Developing new partnerships across academia, industry, health and care that support growth, quality improvement and provide a platform to spread proven innovations
The successful candidate will need a strong background in business development and innovation, ideally with experience from the health, care, academic or related sectors. You will need to have experience of securing contracts through complex tendering exercises and have the broad commercial acumen necessary to support our managers with all aspects of their business development, mobilisation and growth.
For further information please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 0207 747 4943. The Closing Date for applications will be midnight on Monday 18th February.