Technical Infrastructure Specialist
Working for a Global charity this is a Technical Specialist role working with the Infrastructure Manager to provide operational and technical support across multiple sites with a primary focus on Infrastructure services and systems, including but not limited to maintaining, supporting and developing the Application Virtualisation environment.
You will also be responsible for supporting and maintaining the Citrix virtual environment infrastructure, and assorted other components of the IT server and network estate. You will also need to help configure, maintain and monitor enterprise level monitoring tools to aid in this role.
As part of this interesting role you will maintain day to day operations for the charities digital platforms, support the transition to their new web estate and help build and develop an integrated Service Delivery function.
Responsibilities will include;
- Manage improvements to allow and provide an efficient and effective service to users of the IT infrastructure, including remote and on-site support following the principles set out in the ITIL framework.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a number of supported technologies along with creating, maintaining and auditing supporting documentation for these technologies and providing training and updates as appropriate.
- Manage specific IT Services, ensuring that these are supported to the agreed levels and have adequately trained engineers available to manage any issues and requests.
- Play an active role in keeping up to date with technologies which could be adopted in the future.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- In-Depth knowledge of Application Virtualisation technologies, application structure and interaction with the operating system and other components.
- A good understanding of directory services infrastructure, including user, access and policy management.
- Good understanding of virus and malware threats, both prevention and management.
- Good understanding of thin-client technologies and other techniques used to manage desktops and laptops with minimal desk side support.