Interim Head of Finance
My client is looking for an Interim Head of Finance to co-ordinate, manage and lead on the production and delivery of the Council’s Year end duties and Statement of Accounts . The post sits within the recently redesigned Corporate Finance team and will play an important part of the senior management team
The successful candidate needs to have experience of producing year end accounts and hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification. The post is limited term for a period of approximately 12 - 18 months.
• Prepare for the year end closedown of accounts
• Produce the Council’s statement of accounts by the statutory deadline
• Lead conduit for external audit enquiries
• Co-ordinate and deliver a development plan to aid preparation for the following year’s closedown process
• Develop accounting systems and associated processes
After year end there will also be a number of projects that will need this individual to lead on and move forward
Therefore any experience in project management and system change will also be useful
What’s on offer?
£250 – 350 per day plus excellent benefits