A leading Government client is seeking two Application Developers to join their growing Applications team.
The Application Developer will be responsible for developing applications to meet the needs of users within the organisation. The organisation has a predominantly Microsoft based platform and applications, and any newly built applications will be compatible with this platform. Existing applications in use include SharePoint 2013 (currently migrating to SharePoint Online), Unit 4 Business World (Agresso), MS Office and Outlook, and specialist applications such as Stata and ArcGIS. Applications are deployed to end users via SCCM 2012.
• Developing business applications to agreed standards for coding, security and governance to meet business requirements. Package application releases and support the change process.
• Providing technical development and support for business applications for the benefit of users.
• Support the organisation’s Cloud First Strategy
• To act as applications/technical expert and assist in resolving application incidents, including taking a prominent role in problem management.
• To work with application analysts and where appropriate external suppliers in order to troubleshoot performance issues for users, investigating software issues and implementing resolutions.
• To work with Business Analysts to provide technical assurance and input into high level designs and solution designs.
Skills and attributes required:
• Minimum of 2 years experience working as a developer within an IT team
• Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Knowledge of technical configuration, application architecture and software testing.
• Extensive stakeholder management experience.
• Experience of developing in three or more of the following tools:-
o SharePoint including configuration and design
o Nintex Forms and Workflow including NWC for SharePoint Online
o Power BI and Powerapps
o MS Forms and Flow
o Powershell scripting
o MS Dynamics configuration and customisation
o Development in SQL and .NET including C# and CSOM