Business Analyst required to provide analysis effort throughout the organisation working with key stakeholders to produce business solutions and identify areas for improvements. The Business Analysts will act as a facilitator, communicator and problem solver whilst eliciting and analysing requirements , including verifying and validating them. They will also be responsible for planning all business analysis activities for assigned work.
The role will also see the Business Analyst contributing to a department seeking to provide business analysis excellence to the organisation.
• Lead key stakeholders, including Directors, through the development of business operating models to deliver core regulatory processes taking in to account of business priorities and reach agreement where conflict exists. Experience of business process improvement and re-engineering and of undertaking non-IT Business Change projects
• Undertake stakeholder engagement to formulate business design and requirements at an organisational level, ensuring all stakeholder needs are met on the extended value stream basis.
• Work as a conduit between business and ICT to ensure requirements are understood by those developing and implementing the business applications.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops
• Work with solutions and infrastructure architect teams to ensure the proposed ICT system meets the delivery of business processes.
• Lead on the production of detailed functional specifications in forms suitable for use by systems analysts and developers.
• Develop current and future state business models which are aligned to organisational and business strategies.
• Conduct analysis to determine best solutions for solving business problems or opportunities.
• Managing business process dependencies, interfaces, risks and issues, working closely with the project and portfolio managers.
• Perform Quality Assurance on Business Analysis deliverables, including process and requirement standards.
• Advice senior stakeholders on system sign offs and provide assurance that system meets agreed business requirements.
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement to the Business Analyst team and to be a professional representative of the team to the organisation
• Must be a holder of a BCS ISEB Business Analysis Diploma or equivalent qualification and have significant experience in a Business Analysis role.
• University degree in business administration, computer science, and finance or information systems is preferable.
• Experience of creating business cases and of building business concepts.
• Be able to work at a senior level in a complex environment; utilising skills in capturing different perspectives, applying systems thinking and taking a cross-organisational perspective.
• Experience of running workshops with large number of stakeholders to model business processes and elicit business requirements.
• Experience and skill in the use of modelling tools, up to and including the level of representing business architectures expecially MS Visio and BPMN.
• Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, modeling, verification and methodology development.
• Ability to communicate clearly in speech and in writing to explain business process concepts to the end user, and influence and persuade at all levels of staff seniority
• Experience of researching and analysing complex information and processes.
• Experience of working within project and software development lifecycle (SDLC), including the use of test methodologies.
• Proven experience of working within a waterfall and an Agile delivery environment, having developed user stories and use cases to aid the development of ICT systems