Director of Procurement Services
London South Bank University (LSBU) is 125 years old with world-class facilities supporting 18,000 students, aiming to be London’s top modern university by 2020 LSBU has an ambitious Corporate Strategy that includes, strategically investing in the creation of first-class facilities and creating an environment which attracts the very best staff.
Procurement will continue to play a vital part in meeting the LSBU’s objectives in an ever changing higher education marketplace. This includes leading Procurement for the wider group, which includes South Bank Enterprise Limited and the new merger with Lambeth College.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide professional leadership for all procurement activity across the University and wider LSBU group.
- Be an integral part of the Senior Management team, developing appropriate plans consistent with the University group strategy and delivering on agreed financial and non-financial outcomes.
- Develop and implement professional strategies, processes, procedures and policies, that meet strategic business needs. Including category management, strategic sourcing, collaborative leverage and professional supplier relationship management.
- Manage and develop a procurement function that aligns with the business need, and appropriately centralises and devolves responsibility for procurement activities across the University.
- Establish lean, efficient and effective delivery of professional procurement services that ensure value is generated and that targets and standards are successfully achieved.
- Develop the profile of the team internally and externally, fostering and maintaining networks across the LSBU group to ensure compliance with current procurement best practice.
- Professional procurement qualification such as MCIPS
- Strong track record in leading, developing and delivering Procurement Strategy and Change
- Experience of building effective and high performing procurement functions
- Previously delivered procurement transformation and established a culture of continuous improvement
- Proven background delivering value for money across a variety of spend areas
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement processes and regulations
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to operate in a customer facing environment
For more information or to apply for this new position please contact James Knowling at Morgan Law on 0207 747 6827 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org