Interim Information Security Manager – Outside IR35
An interim Information Security Manager is urgently required to support a non-profit organisation in Central London. The role is initially for 3 months with a possibility for extension.
Working with the Head of IT you will be responsible for leading the implementation and maintenance of working practices to delivery the highest standards of data security, governance and risk management across the organisation.
- Leading on data security management and advising on the application of the Data Protection Act and GDPR, ensuring compliance.
- Supporting the organisation in meeting its legal, regulatory and business responsibilities regarding data security and risk management.
- Ensure that data systems are secure and respond to security incidents in the most appropriate manner, assisting in investigation where required.
- Ensuring regular risk assessments are completed across the business and that a fit for purpose risk management database is in place.
- Ensuring the most appropriate anti-virus software is deployed and investigating how vulnerable the organisation is to malware and malicious attacks and coming up with a plan of action to mitigate this.
Previous experience required:
- Management of information security and cyber risk
- Practical experience of meeting legal compliance requirements of DPA and GDPR
- Experience of working to standards such as ISO 270001 and ITIL
- Provision of training and guidance around data security issues across the organisation.
- Working across a large, multi-departmental organisation with stakeholders from all levels.