Interim Financial Controller
As the Interim Financial Controller, you will embed Delivery Unit finance support to the Managing directors and their teams to support decision making, lead budget setting and financial management, providing effective financial control and support the Central Finance Team through the production of monthly financial reports, periodic in-year forecasts and the preparation of the annual budget and accounts.
• Lead a high performing team, setting objectives, reviewing performance and participating in selection/promotion decisions to ensure that staff have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver objectives
• Producing timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc financial reports for the Managing Director and their Management Team in order to monitor and control spending within agreed targets, budgets etc.
• Liaising closely with central finance to ensure compliance with corporate finance policies, processes and formats within pre-determined timescales for corporate reporting purposes
• Propose changes to corporate finance policies and procedures where appropriate to support the development and delivery of the project
• Working with the cost, risk and project controls team to support effective, accurate and timely cost management and reporting
• Undertaking strategic and tactical financial analyses and evaluation in order to assist Directors in controlling budgets and adopting alternative financial and procurement strategies and developing processes for controlling spend
• Developing effective project reporting and financial controls for the Phase schemes as they progress from design to construction, ensuring all expenditure is accurately reported and forecast against specific activities
• Providing assurance that the financial records of the Division are complete, accurate and up to date, wherever they are held, and provide a reliable basis for statutory and management reporting.
• CCAB qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience
• Demonstrable evidence of effective leadership, team working and guidance
• Experience of using Oracle or Oracle Fusion or ERP systems (SAP /Oracle)
• Ability to manage complex Excel spreadsheets
• Significant experience of developing effective budget setting and monitoring processes and reports
• Essential understanding of government financial control and reporting and resourcing accounting
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to interpret and communicate complex financial issues to non-financial colleagues.
The ideal candidate would have worked in a construction /utility / infrastructure build company and a Central government department. My client is looking for a strong Financial Controller who is used to build phases within Construction.
What’s on offer?
The role is in Scope of IR35 and will paying £700/day Umbrella.