Public Protection Operation Manager
This position will hold senior line management responsibility for the planning, co-ordination and delivery of effective crime & disorder reduction strategies pan-borough and lead the continued monitoring and evaluation of the relevant Community Safety & Public Protection policy and statutory compliance framework for this Local Authority
The post-holder will be required to establish and maintain strong working partnerships with the Metropolitan Police and other relevant enforcement and regulatory bodies and establish an effective performance management framework; which sets clear service standards and measures performance against key service outcomes.
- Hold senior line management accountability for the delivery of a wide range of community safety, public protection, consumer protection and regulatory services at ward cluster or neighbourhood level.
- Oversee the effective delivery of Trading Standards, Licensing, Environmental Enforcement, Noise Nuisance, Anti-Social Behaviour and crime prevention services at neighbourhood level.
- Work creatively alongside Council partners, citizens and other service users to establish service priorities and develop innovative solutions to tackle a wide range of community safety related issues.
- Oversee the management of complex or contentious cases in order to deliver positive outcomes and make detailed recommendations to further develop existing operating procedures and statutory compliance guidelines.
- Establish and evaluate core service standards & operational practices and develop effective performance management systems; with a strong emphasis on localised problem solving and customer/citizen satisfaction.
The Successful candidate will possess the following traits
- In depth of knowledge of the relevant Community Safety / Consumer Protection legislative framework, including high level working knowledge of the provisions outlined within the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act
- Sound working knowledge of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act
- Demonstrable experience of delivering similar Community Safety, regulatory enforcement or Anti-social behaviour
- A significant record of achievement of delivering service development initiatives and programmes
- Experience of providing advice to Councillors, senior officers, partners and local groups on community safety and related issues and programmes