Head of Service
The scope of this role is to lead, manage and ensure the provision of high quality and safe advice services direct to people affected by illness through an evolving set of channels including but not limited to phone, email, messaging and social media, in accordance with internal and external governance frameworks.
The role will see the successful candidate:
- Lead the transformation of the services team into a user-centred, omnichannel and forward-thinking personalised health advice function.
- Contribute to the development of robust organisation strategy, plans and budgets
- Develop robust business cases for investment into new services to be developed and managed by services team.
- Carry out regular external horizon scanning in the areas of omnichannel service delivery, health self-management, digital health innovation and NHS practices and processes to identify trends and inform future service development.
- Use evidence and insight to develop and prioritise ideas and propositions for new services and service channels based on consumer health trends, user trends, needs, and scanning of external environment
- Develop and maintain the services roadmap
- Substantial proven management experience in a senior capacity managing the provision of healthcare services in a primary care or consumer setting.
- Proven track record (3 years minimum) of successful service innovation, including new service design, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement, preferably involving deployment of user centred technology
- Experience of managing services to users with long term conditions where self-management plays an important role
- Experience of the successful implementation of change and service redesign
- Experience of service development, delivery & improvement to tailor service to user needs
- An appreciation of the various types of healthcare professional expertise and their roles within the health service
- Experience of specifying requirements for service platforms and of procuring technology solutions