Interim Group Accountant - Place
I am currently recruiting for a London based Local Authority who are looking for an interim Group Accountant to support their Place directorate.
Leading and managing a team of 2, you will have a demonstrable track record of working at this level, specifically working in Waste, Highways, Parking, Regulatory Services, Regenration, Property and Planning for other Local Authorities.
The role is for 3-6 months and the daily rate is negotiable, but the role does fall within IR35.
Please see below for more details on that which is required:
• Experience of assisting budget holders to develop initiatives for inclusion in Medium Term Finance Strategies and revenue and capital Budget Strategies
• Experience of preparing and finalising reports of performance against budgets to Councillors and Senior Officers
• Experience of producing annual accounts in accordance with relevant standards and timetables, supported by comprehensive working papers.
• Experience of liaising with External bodies (for example, Government Departments, External Auditors and Other Local Authorities)
• Experience of managing a team of staff to deliver high quality financial advice to Councillors and Senior Officers
• Experience of influencing and negotiating change in response to statutory or locally determined policy initiatives.
• Experience of supporting partnership working and/or alternative forms of service delivery
• Experience of managing complex projects/financial issues.
• Experience of working closely with senior managers to ensure that financial implications are properly identified at the early stages of policy development
• Ability to interpret funding and guidance pronouncements and prepare models showing the financial consequences of the Budget Strategy.
• Ability to encourage effective budgetary control.
• Ability to recommend financial strategies that are based on thorough analysis of needs and risks.
• Ability to monitor progress against timetables and to implement corrective strategies
• Ability to convey complex financial and regulatory information in styles that meet the needs of internal and external recipients.
• Ability to offer financial advice in a manner that ensures that business planning is linked to all aspects of financial planning and management.
What’s on offer?
£450 per day inside of scope