The Risk Manager will be responsible for leading the redesign and implementation of the risk management framework
The role will include development of policies, procedures working with functional and country colleagues to embed the risk framework within our organisation through a programme of engagement, communication and training.
The success of this role will be aided by a business partnering approach, the ability to listen and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all colleagues across the organisation.
- We expect the successful candidate to be the technical lead on risk for the organisation. Using their experience to lead organisational improvement in risk measurement, mitigation and reporting.
- The role holder will comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A full review of the risk management policy and guidance
- Planning, designing and implementing a risk management policy and process including identification and assessment process for the organisation.
- Definition of key terms, roles and responsibilities
- Establishing and quantifying the organisation’s risk management appetite
- Development of a reporting framework so that different audiences, e.g. Board, Country Directors and Global Leadership team can identify and mitigate the risks at a global, local or functional level.
- Provide training and support to build risk awareness within the organisation. This will include country workshops and training and production of organisational training resources.
- Implementation of a Risk Management IT solution
- Work cooperatively with external organisations to pursue programme objectives and wider organisational goals, including those relating to brand, communications, fundraising and resource management.
- Actively participate in building our brand and maintain the integrity of our brand to support our profile, lead generation, income and engagement.
- The post holder may be required to travel internationally to provide support or participate in activities as and when required.
- Experience in leading risk management initiatives
- Knowledge of best practice risk management
- Confident, engaging trainer
- Excellent communication, relationship management and presentation skills
- Ability to understand broad business issues and cultures
- Negotiation and challenge to customer
- Ability to analyse, present and report risk management data to senior stakeholders
- A member of Institute of Risk Management or QBE will be considered
- Internal Audit or Project Management experience
- Experience of working in an international organisation would be highly desirable