An exciting opportunity has arisen within a membership organisation to help establish and run a brand new team within a brand new department. As the Complaints Manager you will manage a team of 5 Complaints officers and design, implement and review the policy and process for complaints handling and correspondence. Ensure that complaints made about the organisation are appropriately managed in line with the corporate complaints process. Act as the escalation point for complex complaints and issues .
- To work directly with customers, by phone and email to understand their complaints and support them to get the resolution they require. Work with customers to understand and address the root issue that they need help addressing.
- Manage high profile complaints or complaints where the complainant remains dissatisfied investigating the issues and identifying any relevant learning.
- To ensure that the activities undertaken and the outcomes of the complaints process are communicated to the complainant so they remain up-to-date with the progress of their complaint and they are fully informed of the end result.
- Day to day liaison with Directors aon complaint matters and the preparation of briefings and updates as required.
- Point of escalation for obtaining and acting on legal advice from General Counsel/ Corporate Legal Services.
- Work with continuous improvement colleagues to ensure that any actions arising from complaints and enquiries are taken and their effectiveness monitored and reported upon.
- To provide training to your staff on the approach to complaints handling and enquiries in line with the corporate processes.
- To oversee the provision of ad hoc and scheduled training programmes to ensure that colleagues understand their responsibilities in relation to complaints handling and enquiries.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to inspire and motivate the team. Deliver consistent performance management by providing regular feedback, conducting formal reviews, and identifying and addressing training and development needs. Manage issues relating to conduct and capability, and support team members to achieve the best they can in their roles and to help them grow their careers