Information & FOI Requests Manager.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a membership organisation to help establish and run a brand new team within a brand new department as an Information and FOI Requests Manager.
- The successful person will support the team to respond to requests for information under Freedom of Information or Data Protection Acts.
- You will be responsible for developing and embedding a person centered approach, making sure that the organisation is transparent in the responses given. As a strong people leader you will lead the team responsible for the coordination of all responses, ensuring they are dealt with effectively.
- Continuously review policies processes relating to information requests and ensure that these are embedded across the organisation.
- Help set up an inter-regulatory forum on information requests and governance with other regulators to make sure as an organisation they are in step with best practice
- Manage the responses to requests for information in an open and transparent way in accordance with legislative requirements and good practice from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Act as the escalation point for complex requests.
- Deal directly with customers, by phone and email to understand their requests and support them to get the information they require, helping them to access information through non statutory routes where this is the most appropriate for the customer.
- Work with customers to understand and address the root issue that they need help addressing.
- Identify trends and suggestions for improvement arising from the data. Work to ensure more proactive transparency in supplying information to our customers with the aim of reducing the volume of formal requests.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills required as you will be required to work with a broad range of stakeholders (internal and external) and customers. Ensure a full audit trail (including archiving requirements) of requests, internal reviews and ICO appeals/complaints are maintained by all members of the team and affected staff.
- Experience required in working directly with a range of customers, identifying root cause and resolving issues within this space. Analysing complex problems and developing workable solutions and originating, developing and implementing administration and governance arrangements for organisations .
- Experience of leadership, performance improvement and change management within the Information and Data arena is required as you will be managing a team of 3.