Information & FOI Officers x2
Are you looking to be part of a brand new team within a brand new department ? My client is looking for experienced Information and FOI Officers to be part of this new department .This will be a customer facing role, where you will be responsible for responding to data requests under the Data Protection or Freedom of information acts.
- Providing excellent customer service you will provide access to information where transparency will be the forefront of all our work. Holding a caseload you will be responsible for analysing requests and ascertaining any further information that is required.
- Keeping a record of the requests we receive you will monitor and ensure timely and full response are given.
- They are looking for driven individuals who are interested in helping us build a team and service that will be vital with our interactions with our customers.
- Bringing your experience and ideas with you we want to develop a service that will excel and support the commitments we have agreed as an organisation.
Skills and experience required are:
- Working in a customer service or complains environment. Experience of undertaking investigations and excellent communications skills both verbal & written.
- Produce responses to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (FoIA) and Data Protection Act (DPA), by analysing the requests, the information, and applying specialist knowledge of the legislation to progress responses in consultation with colleagues across the organisation.
- Escalate complex requests for information to the Team Manager. Generous benefits package, 30 days annual leave .
- Plus eight days paid bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell three days annual leave. Excellent pension and flexible working arrangements