Senior IT Support Analyst, 2nd Line
Our client is an innovative and rapidly growing Not for Profit who are looking for a Senior Support Analyst to create a small team and work on their own initiative. Your role will expand as the organisation expands its portfolio providing an excellent opportunity to learn new technologies and be challenged.
The Senior Support Analyst will:
- Manage at least one directly employed Support Analyst and any contractors or third parties conducting work on their IT infrastructure.
- Provide support for laptops, mobile devices, telephones, servers and networks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure there is an IT support service in place from 8:30 - 5:30 Mon - Fri, with occasional out-of-hours working when required.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve the IT services and support in place and implement any identified improvements to the organisation’s IT systems.
- Support the IT business lead in the development and maintenance of service catalogue of the services provided by the team.
- Follow IT service management good practice (e.g. ITIL) in the way that IT support is conducted and use a support system to keep track of all support work.
- Follow core IT service management processes such as capacity management, change control and problem management to ensure our systems are running as effectively as possible.
- Act as the primary technical lead on engagements with third parties who maintain our core network, devices and server infrastructure.
- Develop ways of working that enable the team to provide excellent remote support to our teams based in other offices.
- Work closely with the IT business lead to develop ways of working and processes that ensure we provide the right equipment, at the right time, and to a high standard.
- Work with the Information Security and Compliance team to develop ways of improving the security of our information.
- Five years working in customer facing IT support roles (essential)
- Good support and admin skills on Microsoft windows server and end user devices (essential)
- Experience of supporting Apple Macbook devices (desirable)
- If you have experience of supporting network infrastructure & Chromebooks that would be useful
Skills & Attributes
- High attention to detail.
- Skilled in IT problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and implementation skills.