A leading University in London is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer for a short term project.
This project seeks to rationalise the existing infrastructure by removing all unnecessary components, re-architecting/configuring systems to operate on a standardised model and to ensure a baseline of optimal performance, resilience and security across all services. Additionally, this project must ensure that the internal IT Teams are left with the procedural documentation that is required to understand, maintain and support the infrastructure going forward.
- Service Mapping – Create or select an appropriate tool (can be a spreadsheet), which clearly lists all our infrastructure Configuration Items.
- Datacentre Map – Create a Visio Diagram for all server racks in our datacentre.
- Infrastructure Purge – Identify and safely remove all unnecessary physical, virtual servers and SQL databases (from the network and backup locations). Server Anti-Virus – Antivirus installation on 4 servers (may require some Linux research)
- Service Monitoring – Implement a service monitoring & Alerting solution for our infrastructure estate (including providing recommendations on the technology and configuration of the system)
- Procedure Design – Designing and documenting key Infrastructure procedures (daily health checks, backup and recovery verification procedure, patch management etc)
- Account Privilege Review – Reviewing current domain accounts and privilege levels, configuring how access to servers and services is provided, using AD security groups (or suitable alternate method).
- AWS Migration – Assisting with the setup of Servers and Services in Amazon AWS.
AD, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS Windows Server 2012 -2016 VMWare VEEAM SAN – Dell Compellant NAS Microsoft SQL (Must be experienced in SQL)