Director of Finance & IT
The Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a vibrant and growing charity that helps launch young people for life today whatever they want to do after school and helps seafarers to keep learning all their lives. With an income of £16m and a further £7m raised through our 400 federated operating units, the Sea Cadets delivers life-changing nautical adventure to 14,500 young people, engaging 9,000 committed volunteers and staff throughout the UK. Alongside this we provide a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities for thousands of seafarers wherever they are in the world through the Marine Society.
As Director of Finance & IT, you will report to the Chief Executive as a key member of our senior management team. You will lead Finance, IT, Procurement, Internal Audit and act as our Company Secretary.
Key themes of your role will be
- Championing good financial management across the MSSC, being a visible and engaging corporate leader and encouraging a strong culture of customer service across your teams
- Enabling the work of our staff and large numbers of volunteers by ensuring that our financial and corporate policies, processes and systems are user friendly and supportive, whilst remaining technically robust
- Leading our IT/digital strategy, working with our internal team and external providers and advisers to ensure the MSSC is maximising the benefits that technology can bring for our staff, volunteers and young people
- Providing our trustees with strategic financial advice and assurance on all financial and corporate governance matters
- Playing a full role in the development of the wider MSSC strategy and success as a collegiate member of our senior management team
We are looking for a qualified accountant with broad financial management experience within a multi layered operation (commercial or charitable), ideally with previous experience at Director level. You will need excellent management skills, be an advocate of business partnering, and should enjoy engaging widely across our organisation. You should have a strong sense of customer service, focusing your teams on ensuring that our staff, many stakeholders and committed volunteers have the best experience of working with our corporate centre. As our leader for IT/digital, you should ideally bring experience of managing this service, or a good understanding of broad principles and some track record of leading technology-driven change.
Finally, it is essential that you share a passion for our work, particularly with young people, recognising and contributing to the impact we make in enriching the lives of the many who access the educational and development opportunities we provide.
For a recruitment pack with further information, please contact James Stephens at Morgan Law by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0207 747 4943. The Closing Date for applications will be midnight on Monday 22nd April.