Head of Financial Control
North Bristol NHS Trust is a centre for excellence for health care in the South West as well as one of the largest hospital trusts in the UK with an annual turnover of over £530 million.
Our new state of the art hospital opened in 2014 with the aim to provide our patients with best practice, high quality care and treatment that is comparable to the best in the world! We want to care for our patients in a safe environment and ensure that everyone has an outstanding experience.
We need outstanding staff in order to deliver this!
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, professional and highly motivated Head of Financial Control to lead on financial and capital accounting, statutory financial reporting and manage the financial accounting team.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance, you will work closely with the wider senior finance team and other senior managers across the organisation playing a pivotal role in the leadership and service of the financial accounting function. This is an opportunity to shape and develop a new team, improve controls and streamline processes and be involved in several different projects across the Trust
To succeed in this role at NBT you will:
• Be a qualified accountant with substantial financial accounting experience in a medium to large and complex organisation
• Have experience of reviewing, designing and implementing policies, procedures and controls within a team and wider organisation
• Have an excellent understanding of accounting processes and audit requirements
• Be an excellent man manager and have prior experience of managing a sizeable finance team
You will also be expected to demonstrate a high level of leadership, technical and analytical skills as well as demonstrate excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills gained from a successful career to date.
This role would ideally suit someone keen to gain experience in order to progress quickly up the finance ladder.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide variety of benefits including:
• Band 8b salary package £52,000 - £61,000 depending on experience
• 27 – 33 days holiday
• Standard NHS Pension and associated benefits
• Good work / life balance