Head of IT Operations
Morgan Law are delighted to be working with ExCeL London to recruit this key leadership role into their IT team.
At ExCeL London, their vision is to be the home of world leading events. They want the very best events in the world to find a home at ExCeL, from global brand showcases and exhibitions to international association meetings, and everything in between.
Managing a small team your responsibility as IT Operations Manager is the management of the company’s IT infrastructure, support, service desk staff team, and third-party suppliers. The role will define and manage the IT infrastructure in a way which is compatible with our business operations and strategy and ensure the resources and management tools are appropriate to meet SLA’s, budget and quality targets.
There is a strong service & vendor management focus; due to the partners which ExCeL work with; this role will manage and support budgets for those 3rd party maintenance services and ensure expenditure is tracked, monitored and delivered against SLA’s and contracts so that ExCeL receives value for money from 3rd party suppliers.
The IT Operations Manager will also take on life cycle planning; control and management of Infrastructure Operations documentation; servers; operating system software; infrastructure applications; and firmware assets of ExCeL IT.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:• Knowledge of the events industry is an advantage
• Commercial awareness, astute business acumen and previous contracts experience is essential
• Highly computer literate in a wide range of software and management tools is essential
Education:• Relevant bachelor’s degree in Technology/IT supported by a Business Administration qualification.
• Other technical certification (s) relevant to the role would be beneficial together with knowledge of the ITIL framework.
ExCeL offer an excellent benefits package to include;
A discretionary bonus potential up to 10%
Contributory Personal Pension (ExCeL London doubles personal contributions to a maximum of 15%)
– Life Assurance – 4x salary
– Permanent Health Insurance (PHI/ Income Protection)
– Private Medical Insurance Cover (currently BUPA)
– Biennial Health Assessment (currently BUPA Wellness)
– Employee Assistance Program
– Season Ticket Loan Scheme
– Cycle To Work Scheme
– Free Onsite Car Park
– Free Onsite Gym