Senior HR Business Partner x 2
£51,450 – £54,597
Redbridge (Greater London)
0207 747 4948
One Brilliant Team - For a changing Redbridge
Redbridge is changing. We are among the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, affordable housing, high quality open spaces and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City. Our population is getting both younger and older - driving increased demand in both adults and children's services. A growing population has placed huge pressure on a housing stock built for a different era. The pace of change is phenomenal.
We have started to address our challenges by adopting a model for the council based on high ambition and high trust. Ambition, because we are the custodians of this precious part of East London: we care about its future and we want to get it right for our residents. Trust, because we believe in the ability of our staff and our communities to find ways to overcome new challenges and seize this once in a generation opportunity. At the heart of our approach is distributive leadership - a belief that we will get the best out of the resources at our disposal by pushing responsibility closer to the front line.
Senior HR Business Partner
£51,450 – £54,597
The HR Employee Experience Service plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Council has a motivated workforce and to be an employer of choice.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will work closely with senior managers, management teams and other key stakeholders to build organisational capacity.
You will provide strategic HR advise to the Directorates to support the development of people management strategies, ensuring that the HR Employee Experience Service is working to optimum level in order to deliver the Borough Plan and HR Strategy.
You will manage a team of HR Business Partners and HR Advisers to deliver strategic HR & OD services to directorates including overseeing and resolution of complex employee relations cases, workforce planning, change management initiatives, service redesign and TUPE transfers. You will be the strategic HR lead for a group of directorates to ensure that the business is providing with high-quality strategic HR Business partnering advice and support.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the HR Business Partners, taking responsibility for the direction, planning and coordination of their work;.
- Delivering the HR Strategy and devising the Workforce plan in conjunction with the HR colleagues and directorates to provide pro-active strategies to attract, recruit and retain staff;
- Inspiring and engaging staff to align delivery to the Borough Plan and supporting HR Strategies;
- Coaching and supporting managers on complex staffing issues such as service redesign and workforce planning;
- Managing escalated issues from the HR Business Partners including employee relations cases and employment tribunal cases to achieve effective outcomes for individuals and the council directorates; and
- Supporting and contributing to complex change and OD projects, including TUPE and restructures.
- Full CIPD membership
- Experience of leading and managing a team in a customer focused HR Business Partnering service.
- Experience of leading on large cultural change projects.
- Substantial experience of delivering cultural change and OD solutions in large, unionised, multi-cultural organisations.
- Understanding of the financial positions of each directorate and the wider organisation working with stakeholders and finance business partners.
- Working in a trade union environment and evidence of fostering positive working relationships.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law.
- Providing creative and innovative people management solutions to the business.